Preparing the Vehicle for Reprogramming
- Make sure ASIST has been synchronized to the current date and all updates have been Installed.
NOTE: The PC automatically gets applicable reprogramming software during ASIST synchronization.
- Proceed to OCS Control Unit Reprogram steps on the next pages.
OCS Control Unit Reprogram
NOTE: In this Service Procedure, OCS is sometimes referred to as ODS.
- Install the driver for the J-51594 OCS reprogramming cable as follows:
- Keep the PC connected to the internet.
- Connect the J-51594 OCS reprogramming cable to the PC USB port.
- Wait 1 minute, the drivers will install automatically.
NOTE: Step 1 above is only required the first time this procedure is performed. It is recommended that it be performed at the beginning of each day to confirm you have the latest software installed in your PC.
- Turn the ignition ON, engine OFF / not Ready and turn ON the hazard warning flasher lights (if not still ON).
- Connect the J-51594 OCS reprogramming cable:
- Connect to the vehicle’s DLC connector and the PC USB port.
- Make sure the cable is securely connected at both ends.
- Prepare the vehicle for OCS Reprogramming as follows:
- Level the vehicle.
- No objects on the passenger seat.
- No occupants in the vehicle – including the servicing technician.
- PC is outside of the vehicle on a suitable support.
- Do not set the PC on the vehicle.
- Do not touch the vehicle during the OCS Reprogramming.
- Minimize vibrations of the vehicle.
- Open ASIST.
NOTE: If you get a black message screen as shown in Figure 12, this indicates that the reprogramming cable is not connected, or the cable driver did not install correctly.
a. Close ODS Repro.
b. Close ASIST.
c. Start over from step 1 on page 5.