If the retainer clip is unlocked, the fuel tube may shift and cause a fuel leak, increasing the risk of a fire. If the fuel tube fully disconnects, the engine can stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Nissan North America, Inc (Nissan) is recalling certain 2019 Altima vehicles. The retainer clip connecting the low pressure fuel tube to the high pressure fuel pump may not have been locked into position.
Nissan has notified owners, and dealers will route the fuel hose into the holding clip and lock the retainer clip into place, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began February 11, 2019. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov
Fuel Feed Hose Retainer
Date: December 21, 2018
Attention: Dealer Principal, Sales, Service & Parts Managers
|Affected Models/Years:||Affected Population:||Dealer Inventory:||SERVICE COMM
|Stop Sale In Effect|
|MY2019 Altima (L34)||23,903||3,156||December 21, 2018||YES|
*~ 9,238 vehicles were repaired under the Quality Action (PC669) announced on November 21, 2018.
***** Campaign Summary *****
Nissan is escalating a previously announced new vehicle quality action and issuing a Voluntary Safety Recall to require dealers to inspect the Fuel Feed Hose Retainers and, if necessary, lock the retainer in the proper lock position on ~23,903 specific 2019 Altima vehicles identified in Service Comm.
Affected vehicles are subject to stop sale and are either currently in dealer inventory or assigned and in transit to the dealer. Dealers must complete this inspection and if necessary, repair, prior to sale. The inspection and, if necessary, repair; will take approximately fifteen (15) minutes to complete and no parts are required.
***** What Dealers Should Do****
- Verify if vehicles are affected by this Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign using Service Comm or DBS National Service History Campaign I.D. PC669.
- New vehicles in dealer inventory can be also be identified using DBS (Sales-> Vehicle Inventory, and filter by Open Campaign).
- Refer to NPSB 15-460 for additional information
- Dealers must not sell, lease, trade, rent or loan any vehicles in dealer inventory affected by this recall campaign until after the vehicle has been repaired.
- Dealers should use NTB18-088 to correct any vehicles subject to this campaign.
- Once repaired, dealers should submit the claim using the claims coding provided, and release the vehicle.
***** Release Schedule *****
|Nissan will begin notifying owners of all potentially affected vehicles in February 2019 via U.S. Mail.|
***** Dealer Responsibility *****
It is the dealer’s responsibility to check Service Comm or DBS National Service History using the appropriate Campaign I.D. for the campaign status on each vehicle falling within the range of this voluntary safety recall campaign which for any reason enters the service department. This includes vehicles purchased from private parties or presented by transient (tourist) owners and vehicles in dealer inventory. If a VIN subject to this recall campaign was part of a dealer trade, the letter associated with that VIN should be forwarded to the appropriate dealer for service completion.
NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
|Q.||Is this a safety recall?|
|A.||Yes, a Stop Sale is in effect.
|Q.||What is the reason for recall?|
|A.||Due to an assembly issue at the plant, which has since been corrected, the fuel feed hose retainer may not be placed in the fully locked position. If the fuel feed hose retainer is not properly locked into position, a fuel leak could occur which may result in fuel odor or, in rare circumstances, in an engine stall condition.
|Q.||What is the possible effect of the condition?|
|A.||If the fuel feed hose retainer is not properly locked into position, a fuel leak could occur, which may result in fuel odor or, in rare circumstances, an engine stall condition.
|Q.||What will be the corrective action for this voluntary recall campaign?|
|A.||Nissan dealers will inspect the low-pressure fuel feed hose retainer lock and fuel hose-holding clip and, if necessary, properly route the fuel hose into the holding clip and lock the red retainer into place.
|Q.||How long will the corrective action take?|
|A.||This service, which is conducted at no charge to you for parts and labor, should take less than one (1) hour to complete.
|Q.||When will vehicle owners be notified?|
|A.||Nissan will begin notifying owners of all potentially affected vehicles in February, 2019 via U.S. Mail.
|Q.||Are parts readily available?|
|A.||No parts are required.
|Q.||Is my vehicle safe to drive?|
|A.||Nissan strongly encourages affected customers to have their vehicle inspected at their earliest convenience. No parts are required for this campaign and the inspection and, if necessary repair, can be completed quickly.
|Q.||Will a rental vehicle be provided while the dealer is servicing the vehicle?|
|A.||No. Parts are not required for this campaign and the inspection (and if necessary repair) will take less than one (1) hour.
|Q.||I have lost confidence in the vehicle. Will Nissan replace or repurchase the vehicle?|
|A.||No. The remedy will fully correct this condition.
|Q.||Is there anything owners can do to mitigate the condition?|
|A.||No. If you receive a recall notification letter, please schedule an appointment with your Nissan dealer to have the vehicle inspected as soon as possible.
|Q.||Is there any charge for the repair?|
|A.||No, the remedy will be performed for the customer free of charge.
|Q.||Will I have to take my vehicle back to the selling dealer to have the service performed?|
|A.||No, any authorized Nissan dealer is able to perform the voluntary safety recall campaign.
For Consumer Affairs: Please inform us of the dealer where you would like to have the corrective action completed.
|Q.||How many vehicles are involved in the campaign?|
|A.||Approximately 23,903 vehicles are potentially affected.
|Q.||Are you experiencing this condition on any other Nissan (or INFINITI) models?|
|December 21, 2018||Original||Launch Recall; supersedes Quality Action PC669 launched November 21, 2018|
NHTSA RECALL 18V-922
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Nissan has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain Model Year 2019 Nissan Altima vehicles. Our records indicate you own or lease a Nissan vehicle subject to this recall as identified by the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the inside of this notice.
Reason for Recall
On some of the affected vehicles, the low pressure fuel tube retainer clip may not have been locked into position during installation. As a result, a fuel leak may occur. If the fuel leak continues, the check engine light will illuminate to warn the driver. However, if the fuel tube disconnects completely, the fuel leak may increase and potentially cause the engine to stop running unexpectedly.
What Nissan Will Do
Your Nissan dealer will inspect, and secure if necessary, both the low pressure fuel tube retainer clip and fuel hose holding clip. This repair will be made free of charge and should take less than an hour to complete. However, your dealer may require your vehicle for a longer period of time based upon their work schedule.
What You Should Do
Qué Debes Hacer
Contact any Nissan dealer at your earliest convenience to have your vehicle remedied. Please bring this notice with you to your service appointment.
Para reparar tu vehículo, comunícate con cualquier concesionario Nissan a la mayor brevedad. Se requiere que traigas esta notificación el día de tu cita.
If the dealer fails to, or is unable to make the necessary repairs free of charge, you may contact the National Consumer Affairs Department, Nissan North America, Inc. P.O. Box 685003, Franklin, TN 37068-5003. The toll free number is 1-800-NISSAN1 (1-800-647-7261).
Si el concesionario no cumple, o no le es posible realizar las reparaciones necesarias sin cargos, puedes contactar al Departamento Nacional de Asuntos del Consumidor a: National Consumer Affairs Department, Nissan North America, Inc. P.O. Box 685003, Franklin, TN 37068-5003. El número libre de cargos es 1-800-NISSAN1 (1-800-647-7261).
You may also submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590; or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov. Federal law requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
Thank you for your cooperation. We appreciate your Nissan ownership and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Gracias por tu cooperación. Agradecemos tu patrocinio como dueño de un Nissan y te ofrecemos nuestras disculpas por cualquier inconveniente que esto pueda ocasionar.
Date: December 21, 2018
Owner Notification Letter
DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
December 20, 2018
February 22, 2019
- Breaks down carbon, varnish, and other harmful deposits in the combustion chamber
- Dramatically improves power and performances
- Solves many rough-idle or power loss problems
- Extremely Flammable
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
- Cleans injectors, carb jets and passageways
- Cleans and lubricates intake valves, pistons and cylinders
- Dissolves and cleans fuel residue in fuel systems
- Dissolves oil deposits in crankcase
- Clean timing chain tensioners and VVT actuators, quiet noisy lifters
- Use in gas, ethanol/flex fuel, diesel & biodiesel engines
- Restores fuel economy and improves engine performance
- PEA (polyetheramine) effectively removes carbon deposits from the entire fuel & oil systems
- Stabilizes fuel and oil for up to 2 years
- Helps pass emissions testing, Lubricates upper cylinders, and Fights ethanol related rust & corrosion
- MINIMIZE AIRBORNE ALLERGENS: Electric Peltier dehumidifier reduces humidity levels in the room, providing greater resistance from allergens such as dust mites, mold, mildew, and more
- BETTER AIR QUALITY: Ensures a fresher feel and scent around the home, as it eliminates nasty odors in the home and reduces issues with breathing and irritation to skin
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Built with an auto shutoff mechanism and uses energy more efficiently, as it has a maximum daily emission of up to 25 oz. at 86 degrees F and an auto humidistat that allows presetting of desired relative humidity (RH) levels at a range of 20%-80%
- GREAT FOR ANY ROOM: A compact, portable design that reaches up to 2,200 cubic feet allows you to use it in the bathroom, bedroom, or even on the go, while its quiet presence makes it undisruptive while running
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 8.75"(L) x 7"(W) x 13.25"(H); Water Tank Capacity: 2L (67.7 oz.)
- Decarbonizer Nozzle Kit.
- Removes harmful deposits that accumulate from normal use
- Improves fuel/air flow and overall engine performance
- For use with all 2- and 4-cycle carbureted and fuel-injected gasoline engines
- Restores power to poor or non-running engines
- 12 ounce spray can (pack of 12)
- Highly concentrated formula is economical to use
- Quickly and easily removes baked-on/cooked-on soil from pans, tray and other metal cookware
- Safe for use on aluminum
- Solution can be reused for up to 14 cycles
- SOFT AND COMFORTABLE - 100% cotton make up the fabric content on this great Dad Hat. The visor of the hat features a four-row stitching with matching undervisor. With a lightweight and low profile feel this cap will keep you comfortable and protected from the elements. Durable contruction ensures this hat will last for a very long time.
- FEEL AND FIT - Yupoong has really out done themselves on this one. This 6245CM unstructured classic Dad hat has a 3 1/8" crown with a 6 panel design providing a nice low-profile feel. This is a one size fits all hat because it features an adjustable antique brass buckle closure on the back. This means you can adjust to any size fit you need. This hat might be called a Dad hat but it is perfect for women too with its open back.
- A PERFECT GIFT - This hat can make a great gift for that man or woman in your life on any gift giving holiday or even just because. Whether it is Christmas, Father's day, Mother's day, a birthday, or any holiday, this cap makes a really nice addition to any hat collection.
- OUTDOOR OR INDOOR USE - Great for any season or occasion. Whether you're an outdoor warrior or a couch ninja this hat works well in any situation. Wear it out to the bar, movies, hiking and you'll feel protected.
- Noble Chemical 1 Qt. / 32 oz. Formula-D Ready to Use Decarbonizer and Degreaser (pack of 6)
- 100% Bamboo Activated Charcoal Air Purifying Bags 1000g. Enclosed in Airtight Sealed Packaging
- Filters Odors, Bacteria & Allergens at the Source without Adding Harmful Chemicals To Your Air
- Use In your RV, Mobile Home, Car / Truck / Van, Bathroom and other Odorous Areas
- Non Toxic, Non Fragrant, Chemical Free - Safe to Use around Your Kids and Pets + No more headaches
- Use for over a year and recharge effectiveness by placing in direct sunlight
Last update on 2019-07-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-07-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API