If the retainer clip is unlocked, the fuel tube may shift and cause a fuel leak, increasing the risk of a fire. If the fuel tube fully disconnects, the engine can stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Nissan North America, Inc (Nissan) is recalling certain 2019 Altima vehicles. The retainer clip connecting the low pressure fuel tube to the high pressure fuel pump may not have been locked into position.
Nissan has notified owners, and dealers will route the fuel hose into the holding clip and lock the retainer clip into place, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began February 11, 2019. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov
Fuel Feed Hose Retainer
Date: December 21, 2018
Attention: Dealer Principal, Sales, Service & Parts Managers
|Affected Models/Years:||Affected Population:||Dealer Inventory:||SERVICE COMM
|Stop Sale In Effect|
|MY2019 Altima (L34)||23,903||3,156||December 21, 2018||YES|
*~ 9,238 vehicles were repaired under the Quality Action (PC669) announced on November 21, 2018.
***** Campaign Summary *****
Nissan is escalating a previously announced new vehicle quality action and issuing a Voluntary Safety Recall to require dealers to inspect the Fuel Feed Hose Retainers and, if necessary, lock the retainer in the proper lock position on ~23,903 specific 2019 Altima vehicles identified in Service Comm.
Affected vehicles are subject to stop sale and are either currently in dealer inventory or assigned and in transit to the dealer. Dealers must complete this inspection and if necessary, repair, prior to sale. The inspection and, if necessary, repair; will take approximately fifteen (15) minutes to complete and no parts are required.
***** What Dealers Should Do****
- Verify if vehicles are affected by this Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign using Service Comm or DBS National Service History Campaign I.D. PC669.
- New vehicles in dealer inventory can be also be identified using DBS (Sales-> Vehicle Inventory, and filter by Open Campaign).
- Refer to NPSB 15-460 for additional information
- Dealers must not sell, lease, trade, rent or loan any vehicles in dealer inventory affected by this recall campaign until after the vehicle has been repaired.
- Dealers should use NTB18-088 to correct any vehicles subject to this campaign.
- Once repaired, dealers should submit the claim using the claims coding provided, and release the vehicle.
***** Release Schedule *****
|Nissan will begin notifying owners of all potentially affected vehicles in February 2019 via U.S. Mail.|
***** Dealer Responsibility *****
It is the dealer’s responsibility to check Service Comm or DBS National Service History using the appropriate Campaign I.D. for the campaign status on each vehicle falling within the range of this voluntary safety recall campaign which for any reason enters the service department. This includes vehicles purchased from private parties or presented by transient (tourist) owners and vehicles in dealer inventory. If a VIN subject to this recall campaign was part of a dealer trade, the letter associated with that VIN should be forwarded to the appropriate dealer for service completion.
NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
|Q.||Is this a safety recall?|
|A.||Yes, a Stop Sale is in effect.
|Q.||What is the reason for recall?|
|A.||Due to an assembly issue at the plant, which has since been corrected, the fuel feed hose retainer may not be placed in the fully locked position. If the fuel feed hose retainer is not properly locked into position, a fuel leak could occur which may result in fuel odor or, in rare circumstances, in an engine stall condition.
|Q.||What is the possible effect of the condition?|
|A.||If the fuel feed hose retainer is not properly locked into position, a fuel leak could occur, which may result in fuel odor or, in rare circumstances, an engine stall condition.
|Q.||What will be the corrective action for this voluntary recall campaign?|
|A.||Nissan dealers will inspect the low-pressure fuel feed hose retainer lock and fuel hose-holding clip and, if necessary, properly route the fuel hose into the holding clip and lock the red retainer into place.
|Q.||How long will the corrective action take?|
|A.||This service, which is conducted at no charge to you for parts and labor, should take less than one (1) hour to complete.
|Q.||When will vehicle owners be notified?|
|A.||Nissan will begin notifying owners of all potentially affected vehicles in February, 2019 via U.S. Mail.
|Q.||Are parts readily available?|
|A.||No parts are required.
|Q.||Is my vehicle safe to drive?|
|A.||Nissan strongly encourages affected customers to have their vehicle inspected at their earliest convenience. No parts are required for this campaign and the inspection and, if necessary repair, can be completed quickly.
|Q.||Will a rental vehicle be provided while the dealer is servicing the vehicle?|
|A.||No. Parts are not required for this campaign and the inspection (and if necessary repair) will take less than one (1) hour.
|Q.||I have lost confidence in the vehicle. Will Nissan replace or repurchase the vehicle?|
|A.||No. The remedy will fully correct this condition.
|Q.||Is there anything owners can do to mitigate the condition?|
|A.||No. If you receive a recall notification letter, please schedule an appointment with your Nissan dealer to have the vehicle inspected as soon as possible.
|Q.||Is there any charge for the repair?|
|A.||No, the remedy will be performed for the customer free of charge.
|Q.||Will I have to take my vehicle back to the selling dealer to have the service performed?|
|A.||No, any authorized Nissan dealer is able to perform the voluntary safety recall campaign.
For Consumer Affairs: Please inform us of the dealer where you would like to have the corrective action completed.
|Q.||How many vehicles are involved in the campaign?|
|A.||Approximately 23,903 vehicles are potentially affected.
|Q.||Are you experiencing this condition on any other Nissan (or INFINITI) models?|
|December 21, 2018||Original||Launch Recall; supersedes Quality Action PC669 launched November 21, 2018|
NHTSA RECALL 18V-922
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Nissan has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain Model Year 2019 Nissan Altima vehicles. Our records indicate you own or lease a Nissan vehicle subject to this recall as identified by the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the inside of this notice.
Reason for Recall
On some of the affected vehicles, the low pressure fuel tube retainer clip may not have been locked into position during installation. As a result, a fuel leak may occur. If the fuel leak continues, the check engine light will illuminate to warn the driver. However, if the fuel tube disconnects completely, the fuel leak may increase and potentially cause the engine to stop running unexpectedly.
What Nissan Will Do
Your Nissan dealer will inspect, and secure if necessary, both the low pressure fuel tube retainer clip and fuel hose holding clip. This repair will be made free of charge and should take less than an hour to complete. However, your dealer may require your vehicle for a longer period of time based upon their work schedule.
What You Should Do
Qué Debes Hacer
Contact any Nissan dealer at your earliest convenience to have your vehicle remedied. Please bring this notice with you to your service appointment.
Para reparar tu vehículo, comunícate con cualquier concesionario Nissan a la mayor brevedad. Se requiere que traigas esta notificación el día de tu cita.
If the dealer fails to, or is unable to make the necessary repairs free of charge, you may contact the National Consumer Affairs Department, Nissan North America, Inc. P.O. Box 685003, Franklin, TN 37068-5003. The toll free number is 1-800-NISSAN1 (1-800-647-7261).
Si el concesionario no cumple, o no le es posible realizar las reparaciones necesarias sin cargos, puedes contactar al Departamento Nacional de Asuntos del Consumidor a: National Consumer Affairs Department, Nissan North America, Inc. P.O. Box 685003, Franklin, TN 37068-5003. El número libre de cargos es 1-800-NISSAN1 (1-800-647-7261).
You may also submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590; or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov. Federal law requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
Thank you for your cooperation. We appreciate your Nissan ownership and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Gracias por tu cooperación. Agradecemos tu patrocinio como dueño de un Nissan y te ofrecemos nuestras disculpas por cualquier inconveniente que esto pueda ocasionar.
Date: December 21, 2018
Owner Notification Letter
DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
December 20, 2018
February 22, 2019
- Breaks down carbon, varnish, and other harmful deposits in the combustion chamber
- Dramatically improves power and performances
- Solves many rough-idle or power loss problems
- Extremely Flammable
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
- Cleans injectors, carb jets and passageways
- Cleans and lubricates intake valves, pistons and cylinders
- Dissolves and cleans fuel residue in fuel systems
- Dissolves oil deposits in crankcase
- Clean timing chain tensioners and VVT actuators, quiet noisy lifters
- Use in gas, ethanol/flex fuel, diesel & biodiesel engines
- Restores fuel economy and improves engine performance
- PEA (polyetheramine) effectively removes carbon deposits from the entire fuel & oil systems
- Stabilizes fuel and oil for up to 2 years
- Helps pass emissions testing, Lubricates upper cylinders, and Fights ethanol related rust & corrosion
- Auto & Truck Maintenance
- Country of manufacture: United States
- Manufacturer: STA-BIL
- Breaks surface tension and cuts through corrosion and deposits of all kinds
- Loosens, lubricates, cleans and protects parts and mechanisms
- Use in the shop or in the house
- 12 oz. canister
- Unique product cleaning the combusƟ on chamber and piston rings of a deposit. Eliminate the cause of accelerated wear of the engine. Packaging for standard motors up to 2 litres.
- Sea Foam Motor Treatment works to dissolve and clean fuel deposits and sticky residues from gas and diesel injectors, carburetors, and combustion chambers
- Sea Foam helps to stabilize stored fuel for up to two years by resisting evaporation, preserving ignition vapors, and preventing the formation of gum and varnish
- Sea Foam provides high-temp upper cylinder lubricity and helps to protect the entire fuel system from dry out, wear and corrosion
- Sea Foam only contains petroleum-based ingredients. It does NOT have harsh detergent or abrasive chemicals that can harm your engine. The more you add to fuel, the better it cleans
- Package may vary
- SOFTER THAN A BABIES BOTTOM - This beanie is soft. And we don't mean lightweight soft. We mean this thing is softer than any other beanie out there. It's 100% acrylic with a 100% polyester fleece lining. Did you catch that? It's got a fleece liner for ultimate warmth and softness. This is the only of its kind on the market.
- HOW IT FEELS AND FITS - Have you ever been so cold you couldn't function? No matter what you did it seems like the wind and cold temperatures just cut through everything and froze you to the core. With this beanie, you won't have that problem. It feels soft, no itch, and has maximum protection from those cold temps. It's a one size fits all beanie (OSFA) but if you're worried, you can always check our size chart graphic and measure against a beanie you already have.
- HOW IT IS MADE - We searched far and wide for the perfect beanie to offer as our product. We absolutely love this thing. The design shown is embroidered by professionals with quality and premium thread giving it a perfect stitched look. Each beanie is inspected thoroughly before being shipped to you to make sure it meets our rigid product standards.
- EVERYONE LOVES A GIFT - This beanie is perfectly gift worthy if you have someone in your life that needs to add a little humor or a little wit in their life. Maybe they're not the type of person to say it but they'd rather wear their emotions. This gift worthy beanie is perfect for Christmas, Father's day, Mother's day, Birthdays, or any occasion really. It is never a bad thing to give a gift just because. Someone will love this for sure.
- USE IT WHEREVER YOU PLEASE - First and foremost this beanie is perfect for winter sports or even just winter weather. Whether you're snowboarding, snow shoveling or you just have to be outside in low temps, this is your beanie. It isn't just a winter item though. You could wear this on brisk nights during all of the other seasons as well. We've even had folks tell us they wear them during summer to keep the sweat contained. Either way it is a versatile item.
- SOFT AND COMFORTABLE - This is the softest beanie you will ever wear. It features an amazingly warm and soft fleece liner. Say goodbye to those itchy and scratchy heads from those old wool beanies. This cap will keep your head nice and warm even in the coldest temperatures. It was designed with those harsh winters in mind.
- QUALITY AND CONVENIENCE - Our beanies feature 100% soft acrylic exterior and a soft 100% polyester fleece interior liner. Besides being soft this beanie is quite compact and easily fits in a jacket or pants pocket if you have to go indoors. When you head back outdoors, grab this top cap and don't worry.
- WHAT SIZE IS IT? - When these beanies were designed they were done so with care. Its soft stretchy nature makes this a one size fits all beanie. No more guessing whether you need a small, medium or large. This beanie fits perfectly.
- THE STICH PRINT - These are embroidered with care upon purchase. We only use the finest thread. We've been doing this for a while so we have honed our embroidery skills and you will get the finest beanie we can offer you. The design you see is stitched on the front flap just like shown. Fear not. We've thought of everything with this product.
- WHERE IS IT MADE? - Each of our beanies are embroidered in the USA. We take care in our craftsmanship and quality and will only deliver you a premium quality product.
Last update on 2019-11-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-11-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API