|EL22-016A||NTB23-007A||January 20, 2023|
VOLUNTARY SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN
2017 ROGUE; WIRE HARNESS CONNECTOR CORROSION
|CAMPAIGN ID #:||PC934|
|APPLIED VEHICLES:||2017 Rogue (T32)|
Nissan is conducting this voluntary safety recall campaign, on certain specific model year 2017 Rogue vehicles, to inspect and, if necessary, replace the Main Wire Harness M74 to Body Wire Harness B42 connector. This service will be performed at no charge to the customer for parts or labor.
Nissan has assigned identification number PC934 to this campaign. This number must appear on all communication and documentation of any nature dealing with this campaign.
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-22V875-5004
Latest Recalls Documents
- Seal Out Moisture and Corrosion From the Elements - Permatex Dielectric Grease Protects Terminals, Wiring, and Other Electric Connections From Salt, Dirt and Corrosion
- Keep Your Electrical Connections Safe - Seal, Lubricate and Insulate to Prevent Various Leaks or Damage Around Any Electrical Connection Ensuring Top Performance and Vehicle Quality
- High Performance Dielectric Tune-Up Grease Helps Extend the Life of Bulb Sockets, Ignition Coil Connectors, and Electric Connections Within Your Battery
- Required For Modern, High Energy Ignition - Permatex Dielectric Tune-Up Grease Ensures Automotive Performance, Extended Lifetime and Corrosion Prevention Within Electrical Systems
- Suggested Applications - Permatex Dielectric Tune-Up Grease is Appropriate For Spark Plug Boots, Trailer Hitches, Battery Terminals, and All Other Electrical Connections
- A must for all electronic and standard ignitions
- Works on high energy ignition systems
- Seals out moisture and corrosion
- Suggested applications in sensor connections, computer connections, solenoids, truck pigtails, plugs, ignition modules and coils, marine connections, lighting systems, batteries, and terminals
- Using dielectric grease will ensure a better connection and better performance in harsh environmental conditions
- Simply turn the dial on the Select-A-Bead actuator to select the best bead width for your project.
- A unique, non-curing, opaque white gel compound used for sealing, protecting & electrical insulating. Improves electrical performance by reducing arcing & voltage drop
- Simply turn the dial on the Select-A-Bead actuator to select the best bead width for your project.
- Also ideal for lubricating plastic & rubber. Improves electrical performance in adverse weather conditions
- Patented finger-actuated delivery system for smooth, continuous coverage.
- Ensure Waterproof Protection for Electrical Components: Utilize dielectric grease as an ideal solution for safeguarding your electrical components from moisture and corrosion. Our specially designed brush-top applicator allows for precise application, ensuring that the grease is applied exactly where needed, enhancing protection and longevity.
- Durable Shield Against Various Damages: Our premium dielectric grease forms an impenetrable, waterproof barrier that resolutely guards against oxidation, corrosion, and contamination from dirt, salt, and other elements. Its non-melting consistency guarantees steadfast protection even under extreme conditions, offering unmatched reliability and peace of mind.
- Versatile Silicone Lubricant for Diverse Applications: Beyond standard uses, our multifaceted silicone lubricant is impeccably suited for various automotive, electrical, and marine applications. Its broad compatibility with metal, rubber, and plastic makes it an excellent choice for rectifying sluggish car windows, ensuring smooth operation and extended functionality.
- Hassle-Free Application with Integrated Brush: Experience the utmost convenience with our attached applicator brush, enabling effortless and accurate grease application to the desired components. This feature bolsters ease of use, ensuring comprehensive coverage and enhanced protection for your electrical components.
- Proudly Manufactured in the USA: Confidently choose our dielectric grease, meticulously crafted in the USA, ensuring adherence to the highest quality standards and delivering superior performance and protection for your electrical components, guaranteeing optimal functionality and longevity.
- RELIABLE LUBRICATION. High dielectric strength
- PROTECTS. Good thermal oxidation, and chemical stability. Provides a moisture-proof barrier that lubricates and protects electrical connections and wiring from salt, dirt and corrosion
- RESISTANT. Corrosion-resistant, dirt-resistant, salt-resistant
- MULTI-PURPOSE APPLICATIONS. Marine and automotive electrical connections, spark plug boots, trailer hitches and battery terminals
- PREVENTS voltage leakage around electrical connection. Extends the life of bulb sockets
- SEALS AND PROTECTS: Seals; protects and insulates electrical contacts while reducing arching and voltage.
- KEEPS ELECTRICAL CURRENTS SAFE: Prevents corrosion by repelling moisture; dirt and oils that can penetrate and harm electrical connections.
- EASY TO USE:Precision Tip Applicator applies a thin stream of grease directly on the work area.
- MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS: Electrical panels; outdoor lighting; scoreboards; traffic lights; high voltage poles; transformers; disconnects; switching mechanisms; electrical contacts; spark plugs; battery terminals; and fasteners.
- CRC INDUSTRIES: A market leader that offers impeccably designed chemical solutions to maintain; protect and repair different marine; heavy-duty motor vehicles; industrial-grade engines; household tools and electrical equipment.
- Use on connections susceptible to rain, fog, salt spray and temperature extremes to lengthen the life of connectors and improve their performance
- Reduces line sag, arcing and voltage drops
- Safe for the ozone
- Made in the united states
- Container size: 10 oz
- ALL PURPOSE CLEANERS
- 3.3 oz
- Package Dimensions: 4.064 L x 24.13 H x 4.064 W (centimeters)
- Auto & Truck Maintenance
- Model Number: 91003
- Item Package Dimension: 4.799999995104" L x 2.99999999694" W x 1.399999998572" H
- Item Package Weight: 3.5 oz
- YOLOtek (Veteran owned) dielectric grease. Perfect solution for lubricating & protecting electrical connectors against corrosion. Made of high quality silicone which is resistant to high temperatures.
- A high-quality dielectric grease for electrical connectors. For batteries, spark plugs, fish finders, navlight port & more! Long-lasting formula. Silicone grease keeps contacts clean & corrosion free.
- Professional-grade dielectric grease is a perfect use for battery terminals. It is a long-lasting silicone grease that protects your terminals from corrosion & ensures optimal electrical conductivity.
- Easy Application: Trim tip to the right application for the job & save the rest for later. YOLOtek's silicone dielectric grease is easy to apply & will last a long time. (ONLY 169)
- YOLOtek US Veteran Owned. Great Products & Great Customer Service. Want to Talk to a LIVE HUMAN being on any questions or tips? Call YOLOtek.. 800 then 488 and 5512. Follow our Store for more updates!
Last update on 2023-11-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Classification: Reference: Date: EL22-016A NTB23-007A January 20, 2023 Nissan Bulletins are intended for use by qualified technicians, not ‘do-it-yourselfers’. Qualified technicians are properly trained individuals who have the equipment, tools, safety instruction, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. NOTE: If you believe that a described condition may apply to a particular vehicle, DO NOT assume that it does. See your Nissan dealer to determine if this applies to your vehicle. 1/16 VOLUNTARY SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN 2017 ROGUE; WIRE HARNESS CONNECTOR CORROSION CAMPAIGN ID #: PC934 APPLIED VEHICLES: 2017 Rogue (T32) Check Service COMM or Dealer Business Systems (DBS) National Service History to confirm campaign eligibility. INTRODUCTION Nissan is conducting this voluntary safety recall campaign, on certain specific model year 2017 Rogue vehicles, to inspect and, if necessary, replace the Main Wire Harness M74 to Body Wire Harness B42 connector. This service will be performed at no charge to the customer for parts or labor. IDENTIFICATION NUMBER Nissan has assigned identification number PC934 to this campaign. This number must appear on all communication and documentation of any nature dealing with this campaign. DEALER RESPONSIBILITY It is the dealer’s responsibility to check Service COMM or Dealer Business Systems (DBS) National Service History for the campaign status on each vehicle falling within the range of this voluntary safety recall which for any reason enters the service department. This includes vehicles purchased from private parties or presented by transient (tourist) owners and vehicles in a dealer’s inventory. Federal law requires that new vehicles in dealer inventory which are the subject of a safety recall must be corrected prior to sale. Failure to do so can result in civil penalties by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. While federal law applies only to new vehicles, Nissan strongly encourages dealers to correct any used vehicles in their inventory before they are retailed. This bulletin has been amended. See AMENDMENT HISTORY on the last page. Please discard previous versions of this bulletin. 2/16 NTB23-007A REPAIR OVERVIEW IMPORTANT: The purpose of REPAIR OVERVIEW (above) is to give you a quick idea of the work you will be performing. You MUST closely follow the entire SERVICE PROCEDURE as it contains information that is essential to successfully completing this repair. No evidence of corrosion present. There is evidence of corrosion present. Use Service Comm (Campaign ID # PC934) to confirm the vehicle you are working on is affected by this campaign Replace both wire harness connectors (M74 and B42). Step 10 on page 7 Apply white lithium grease to M74 and B42 wire harness connectors Step 20 on page 11 END Inspect the Main Harness M74 and Body Harness B42 wire harness connectors for evidence of corrosion. Step 9 on page 6 3/16 NTB23-007A REQUIRED SPECIAL TOOLS Flameless Heat Gun, special tool J-46538. o The flameless heat gun is no longer available from Tech•Mate, an equivalent tool may be used. Figure 1 Aluminum Crimping Pliers, special tool J-48817-8 (provided in Aluminum Wire Repair Kit J-48817-AL-KIT). o New part number for Aluminum Crimping Pliers NI-48817-8 (new part number for Aluminum Wire Repair Kit NI-48817-AL-KIT). Figure 2 Terminal Release Tool, special tool J-48817-1. o New part number NI-48817-1. Figure 3 Additional tools may be purchased from Tech•Mate online: techmatetools.com, or by phone: 1-833-397-3493. 4/16 NTB23-007A SERVICE PROCEDURE Inspection 1. Write down the radio settings. Presets 1 2 3 4 5 6 AM FM 1 FM 2 XM 1 XM 2 XM 3 Bass Treble Balance Fade Speed Sen. Vol. 2. If equipped, write down the customer settings for the ATC (Automatic Temperature Control) system. 3. Turn the ignition OFF. 4. Disconnect the negative battery cable. 5. Remove the driver (LH) side inner front kicking plate. Refer to the ESM: BODY INTERIOR > INTERIOR > REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION > BODY SIDE TRIM > KICKING PLATE 6. Remove the driver (LH) side dash side finisher. Refer to the ESM: BODY INTERIOR > INTERIOR > REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION > BODY SIDE TRIM > DASH SIDE FINISHER 5/16 NTB23-007A 7. Disconnect the M74 wire harness connector from the B42 wire harness connector. Figure 4 8. Pull the B42 wire harness connector toward the rear of the vehicle to disengage the connector from the connector bracket. Figure 5 B42 wire harness connector M74 wire harness connector B42 wire harness connector Connector bracket 6/16 NTB23-007A 9. Inspect the M74 and B42 wire harness connectors for any signs of corrosion (Figure 6 – Figure 10). If signs of corrosion are found, proceed to step 10 on page 7 to replace both M74 and B42 wire harness connectors. If there are no signs of corrosion, skip to step 20 on page 11 to apply white lithium grease to both wire harness connectors. Examples of Corrosion Figure 6 Figure 7 Figure 8 Figure 9 Figure 10 Corrosion Corrosion Corrosion Corrosion Corrosion 7/16 NTB23-007A Wire Harness Connector Replacement 10. Remove and discard the foam tape from the B42 wire harness connector to assist with identifying connector pin locations in the original connector. 11. Replace the M74 and B42 wire harness connectors as follows: a. Starting with the M74 wire harness connector, cut and splice in the new wire harness connector, one wire at a time. See PARTS INFORMATION on the last page. IMPORTANT: Some vehicles may not utilize all circuits in the replacement connectors. The length of the unused wires should be trimmed to an appropriate length and secured to the wire harness branch with electrical tape. Be sure to stagger, or offset, each cut wire so that the wire repair terminal crimps are not all in the same area. Some of the wire colors on the replacement connector may not match the vehicle’s connectors. Be sure to verify the terminal positions are the same between both connectors when splicing in the new wire harness connector. b. Use the wire repair terminal crimps and heat shrink provided in the wire harness repair kit to attach all wires. IMPORTANT: Do not use solder sleeves for this repair. The parts provided in the wire harness repair kit must be used. Each wire harness repair kit includes two (2) different sized wire repair terminal crimps and two (2) different sizes of heat shrink. Be sure the correct size wire repair terminal crimp and heat shrink is used with the correct sized wire. If needed, refer to Quick Reference for Performing Wire Repairs on Aluminum Wiring on page 8. c. Wrap the wire and heat shrink with electrical tape to prevent water from entering. IMPORTANT: Do not wrap the electrical tape up the wire harness branch, only apply electrical tape over the wire repair terminal crimp. d. Repeat a, b, and c above for all the wires in the M74 and B42 wire harness connectors, and then skip to step 19 on page 10. 8/16 NTB23-007A Quick Reference for Performing Wire Repairs on Aluminum Wiring Figure 11 Figure 12 Figure 13 12. Insert the heat shrink (2) over the aluminum wires (1) that will be repaired. Strip off 10 mm of the wire insulation and then install the appropriate size wire repair terminal crimp (3). 13. Insert the wire repair terminal crimp into the appropriate crimp size of the Aluminum Crimping Pliers, special tool NI-48817-8. 14. Press the handles of the Aluminum Crimping Pliers, special tool NI-48817-8, until the handles are released automatically. HINT: If the crimping tool handles do not release automatically, the wire repair terminal crimp has not been crimped properly. 9/16 NTB23-007A Figure 14 Figure 15 Figure 16 15. After crimping the aluminum wires in the wire repair terminal crimp, make sure that the wires do not come out of the wire repair terminal crimp when pulling on the wires from both sides. 16. Slide the heat shrink over the aluminum crimp and heat the heat shrink using the Flameless Heat Gun, special tool J-46538, or equivalent. 17. After heating the heat shrink, make sure that there are signs of sealant (A) around each edge of the heat shrink. 10/16 NTB23-007A Figure 17 Figure 18 18. Wrap the wire and heat shrink with electrical tape (A) to prevent water from entering. IMPORTANT: Only apply the electrical tape over the wire repair terminal crimp. 19. Once all of the wires have been connected, secure the wire harness together with electrical tape. The length of the unused wires should be trimmed to an appropriate length and secured to the wire harness branch with electrical tape. IMPORTANT: Do not wrap the electrical tape up the wire harness branch, only apply the electrical tape over the wire repair terminal crimp. 11/16 NTB23-007A Apply White Lithium Grease to the M74 and B42 Wire Harness Connectors To avoid damage to the vehicle’s interior, be careful not to get grease on any interior components. 20. Using the 04A tool of the Terminal Release Tool, special tool NI-48817-1 (Figure 19), remove the Terminal Position Assurance (TPA) from the B42 wire harness connector. The TPA release is located on the wire harness side of the B42 wire harness connector (Figure 20). 21. Insert the 04A tool into the TPA release, and then push the TPA toward the terminal side of the wire harness connector, as shown in Figure 21. IMPORTANT: Be careful not to break or damage the TPA, they are not available as an individual part. HINT: There are two (2) separate retainers that secure the TPA. The first retainer will release, and then the TPA will move forward slightly and stop. o Continue to push the TPA toward the terminal side of the connector to disengage the second retainer. o Once both TPA retainers have been released, the TPA can be removed. Figure 21 Figure 19 Figure 20 04A tool Terminal Release Tool TPA release Terminal Release Tool TPA release TPA B42 wire harness connector 12/16 NTB23-007A Figure 22 Figure 23 22. Apply white lithium grease to the B42 wire harness connector. Apply grease around all sides of all terminals in the connector, making sure the level of the grease comes up to the top of the terminals, as shown in Figure 22. 23. Reinstall the TPA into the B42 wire harness connector. a. Wrap a shop towel or cloth around the wire harness connector. b. Using a small flat-blade screw driver, carefully push the TPA down until it is fully seated. c. Wipe off the excess grease from the sides of the wire harness connector. TPA White lithium grease B42 wire harness connector B42 wire harness connector 13/16 NTB23-007A 24. Using the 04A tool of the Terminal Release Tool, special tool NI-48817-1, disengage the TPA from the M74 wire harness connector, as shown in Figure 24. a. Carefully pry upward on one of the corners of the TPA to release the first retainer. b. Repeat for the opposite corner. c. Using your hand, carefully pull the TPA straight outward to release the secondary retainer, and then remove the TPA. Figure 26 Figure 24 Figure 25 25. Apply white lithium grease to the M74 wire harness connector. Only add enough grease to coat the terminals, as shown in Figure 26. 04A tool TPA TPA White lithium grease M74 wire harness connector M74 wire harness connector M74 wire harness connector 14/16 NTB23-007A Figure 27 27. Re-connect the M74 wire harness connector to the B42 wire harness connector. Wipe off the excess grease from the sides of the M74/B42 wire harness connectors. 28. Reattach the B42 wire harness connector to the wire harness connector holding bracket. Vehicle Reassembly 29. Reinstall the dash side finisher. Refer to the ESM: BODY INTERIOR > INTERIOR > REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION > BODY SIDE TRIM > DASH SIDE FINISHER 30. Reinstall the inner kicking plate. Refer to the ESM: BODY INTERIOR > INTERIOR > REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION > BODY SIDE TRIM > KICKING PLATE 31. Re-connect the negative battery cable. 32. Reset the clock, radio settings, and if equipped, the ATC settings. 26. Reinstall the TPA into the M74 wire harness connector. a. Wrap a shop towel or cloth around the wire harness connector. b. Position the TPA over the wire harness connector and carefully push it into place. c. Wipe off the excess grease from the sides of the wire harness connector. TPA M74 wire harness connector 15/16 NTB23-007A 33. Initialize the driver’s power window as follows: a. Turn the ignition ON (keep the transmission in Park and the parking brake applied). b. Close the door. c. Hold DOWN the power window switch to fully open the window. d. Hold UP the power window switch to fully close the window. e. Continue holding the power window switch UP for 3 seconds after the glass stops at fully closed position. f. Check that auto-up function operates normally. 16/16 NTB23-007A PARTS INFORMATION DESCRIPTION PART NUMBER QUANTITY KIT – ENGINE ROOM HARNESS 240R2-6RR1A 1 GREASE TUBE 60918-6RR0A (1) As Needed (2) (1) Order this item through the Nissan Maintenance Advantage program: Phone 877-NISNMA1 (877-647-6621). Website order via link on the dealer portal; www.NNAnet.com and click on the “Maintenance Advantage-Tire/Battery/Chemical” link. (2) One tube of grease will repair up to 10 vehicles. CLAIMS INFORMATION Submit a “CM” line claim using the following claims coding: CAMPAIGN (“CM”) ID DESCRIPTION OP CODE FRT PC934 Inspect Wire Harness Connectors (OK Condition) and Apply White Lithium Grease PC9340 0.3 Inspect and Replace Wire Harness Connectors and Apply White Lithium Grease PC9341 2.6 EXPENSE CODE EXPENSE CODE DESCRIPTION MAX AMOUNT 015 Grease $0.72 AMENDMENT HISTORY PUBLISHED DATE REFERENCE DESCRIPTION January 19, 2023 NTB23-007 Original bulletin published January 20, 2023 NTB23-007A Updated CLAIMS INFORMATION