April 14, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V259000
Road debris may puncture the thin fuel tank wall, causing a gas leak and increasing the risk of a fire. In addition, the fuel tank may not perform as expected during a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V259
Manufacturer Nissan North America, Inc.
Components FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Potential Number of Units Affected 52
Dealers will replace the fuel tank assembly and install a new lock ring, gasket, and o-ring seal, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed May 19, 2022. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669. Nissan’s number for this recall is PC887.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
|Affected Models/Years:||Affected Population:||Dealer Inventory:||SERVICE COMM Activation date:||Stop Sale In Effect|
|MY2022 Rogue (T33)||52||1||April 19, 2022||YES|
***** Campaign Summary *****
Nissan has reclassified the previously announced quality action (PC872) for new vehicle inventory as a Voluntary Safety and Emissions Recall Campaign on specific 2022 Rogue (T33) vehicles identified in Service Comm to replace the fuel tank.
During manufacturing at the supplier, an incorrect molding parameter change may have resulted in a thin wall area on the bottom of the fuel tank. This condition could result in a potential fuel leak if a road debris puncture occurs, or may affect tank performance in case of a crash. In addition, the fuel tank may not meet certain FMVSS 301 regulations because of this condition.
***** Release Schedule *****
Parts may be ordered through the normal process.
➢ 17202-6RR0A – Tank Assy-Fuel
➢ 17342-6RR0A – Packing-Fuel Gauge
➢ 17343-6RR0A – Plate-Lock, Fuel Gauge
➢20692-8H30A – Gasket-Exhaust
- J-45747 (Fuel Tank Lock Ring Wrench)
- NTB22-031 Owner Notification Nissan will begin sending notifications to owners of all potentially affected vehicles in May 2022, via U.S. Mail.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Is this a Stop Sale?
What is the reason for this safety recall?
During manufacturing at the supplier, an incorrect molding parameter change may have resulted in a thin wall area on the bottom of the fuel tank.
What is the possible effect of the condition?
This condition if present, could result in a potential fuel leak if a road debris puncture occurs, or may affect tank performance in case of a crash, increasing the risk of injury. In addition, the fuel tank may not meet certain FMVSS 301 regulations because of this condition.
What will be the corrective action?
Dealers will replace the fuel tank.
How long will the corrective action take?
The remedy should take approximately two (2) hours to complete. The dealer may require the vehicle for a longer period of time based upon the dealer’s work schedule.
When will vehicle owners be notified?
Nissan will begin sending notifications to owners of all potentially affected vehicles in May 2022, via U.S. Mail.
Is my vehicle safe to drive?
If your vehicle is subject to this campaign, you will receive an Owner Notification letter from Nissan, which will provide instructions on how to remedy your vehicle. Affected owners are encouraged to have their vehicles remedied as soon as possible upon notification.
Is there anything owners can do to mitigate this condition?
Is there any charge for this repair?
No, the remedy will be performed for the customer free of charge for parts and labor.
Are parts readily available?
Is a California Vehicle Emission Recall Proof of Correction needed?
Yes. California dealer technicians are required to complete and attach an Emission Recall Campaign Completion (ERCC) label to the underside of the vehicle hood and provide the owner with a Proof of Correction certificate. Refer to NTB22-031 Attention California Dealers.
Will I have to take my vehicle back to the selling dealer to have the service performed?
No, any authorized Nissan dealer is able to perform the recall campaign.
Will a rental vehicle be provided while the dealer is servicing the vehicle?
Please consult your dealer for alternate transportation availability while your vehicle is being serviced. Rental is available upon customer request, while parts are on order.
|502||Rental Expense||$156 (Max)|
|Contact the Warranty claims call center 1-800-258-7008 Option 7, if additional expense is required. Please refer to the Goodwill Rental Guidelines in the APRM for detailed information regarding application of rental reimbursement.|
I have lost confidence in the vehicle. Will Nissan replace or repurchase the vehicle?
The remedy will fully correct this condition. As the condition will be corrected, there is no basis for repurchasing or replacing your vehicle.
What model year vehicles are involved?
Certain 2022 Rogue vehicles manufactured from February 4, 2022 to February 24, 2022 at the Smyrna, TN plant are affected.
DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
Nissan North America, Smyrna Plant
- Vehicles Potentially Involved:
The name, description and part number of the subject components are below:
|Part Name||Part Description||Part Number(s)|
|TANK ASSY-FUEL||Fuel Tank Shell (2WD)||172016RF0A|
The name and address of the fuel tank supplier is:
YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc.
300 ABC Blvd., Gallatin, TN 37066
Phone: (615) 415-0324
Email: [email protected]
- Total Number of Vehicles Potentially Involved:
- Percentage of Vehicles Estimated to Actually Contain the Defect:
To date, Nissan is not aware of any confirmed field incidents attributable to the subject condition in vehicles equipped with the affected fuel tanks.
- Description of the Defect:
Due to an incorrect molding parameter change at the (Tier 1) supplier, the fuel tank in affected vehicles may have a thin wall area on the bottom of the tank. This condition could result in a potential fuel leak if a road debris puncture occurs, or may affect tank performance in case of a crash; increasing the risk of injury. In addition, the fuel tank may not meet certain FMVSS 301 regulations because of this condition.
- Chronology of Principal Events:
March 2, 2022 – A production operator noticed a potential anomaly on a fuel tank during the assembly process. A subsequent inspection of the tank revealed a specific area had low wall thickness. Nissan initiated containment measures and immediately began an investigation together with the Tier 1 supplier (YAPP).
March 2022 – An investigation of the production records revealed manual changes to a blow molding parameter had resulted in a low wall thickness in certain areas of the tank. The supplier implemented a production countermeasure to prevent the issue from reoccurring.
Nissan conducted an audit and determined that the supplier had shipped seventy (70) potentially affected tanks to the Smyrna plant. Upon further examination, six (6) of these fuel tanks contained the subject condition.
April 2022 – Concurrently, Nissan performed a safety assessment to determine whether the thin wall condition affected the performance of the fuel tanks. The assessment determined the condition could result in a potential fuel leak if a road debris puncture occurs, or may affect tank performance in case of a crash.
- Description of Corrective Action:
Dealers will be notified beginning April 19, 2022. Owners of all potentially affected vehicles will be notified beginning on May 19, 2022, to bring their vehicle to the dealer for repair. Dealers will replace the fuel tank assembly and install a new lock ring, gasket and O-ring seal.
Nissan will not include a statement in the Part 577 owner notification concerning reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy for the subject vehicles because they are still under warranty.
- Copy of Notices:
Copies of all notices will be provided to NHTSA as they become available.
1 Affected Product
5 Associated Documents
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Recall Acknowledgement Letter
April 14, 2022 DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
- Magical Cookbook: New Official MagicalButter Cookbook highlights most popular recipes included
- Easy to use: At the touch of a button with our Microprocessor-controlled program sequences, enjoy great-tasting, healthy foods, or make natural skin-care products
- Endless Recipes: Make your recipes Bolder: Brownies, Cookies, Smoothies, Sauces, Soups, Vegetables, Candies, Seafood, Marinades, Meats, Beverages, Lotions and Salves, and much more
- Easy to Clean: Fully automatic with 1,2,4,8 hour and cleaning cycles
- Warranty: 1 Year warranty for all MagicalButter Machines
- ✅ EASY TO CLEAN | Dishwasher safe. Also easy to rinse off grease and other residue.
- ✅ ODORLESS | Food grade silicone controls smell at 95%.
- ✅ LARGE CAPACITY | Up to 2 ounces of herb decarboxylation capacity.
- ✅ SMART & SIMPLE | 4 preset modes for C and T potency to bring out max of herb potency. Alarm to avoid over decarbed.
- ✅ PRECISE HEATING | Apply heat cycle to your rosin to achieve best curing results.
- Fuel system cleaner for diesel cleans injector tips, cylinders, fuel lines and tank and dispenses moisture
- Boosts cetane up to 7 PTS to provide maximum performance while cleaning your diesel's fuel system
- Restores throttle and contains the most concentrated detergent formula on the market
- Fuel system cleaner improves cold starting and effectively eliminates black smoke
- Increases fuel mileage and enhances lubricity
- Contains 100% High-Energy Solvent Technology
- Helps Keep Injectors Or Carb(S) And Intake Ports And Valves Clean
- Quickly Disperses Moisture And Dissolves Gum, Varnish, And Other Fuel Residues
- Disperses Moisture In Conventional Gasoline
- Quickly disperses moisture and dissolves gum, varnish, and other fuel residues
- Cures and prevents ethanol fuel problems
- Helps prevent phase separation
- Makes engines start easily, run smooth
- Stabilizes gasoline for up to 1 year
- Cleans, restores, protects the entire fuel system (fuel injectors, carburetors, intake valves and combustion chambers)
- Restores: Lost power, acceleration, lost fuel economy, and operation of the fuel gauge sensor
- Reduces: Rough idle, engine surge, hesitation, and spark plus fouling
- Improves: Cold start performance, and fuel stability for up to one year
- ENZYME FUEL TREATMENT – Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment Concentrate improves the combustibility of all fuel - meaning more power and better fuel economy. It keeps working to clean your fuel delivery system, so your engines start easily and run strong.
- STABILIZES FUEL FOR UP TO 2 YEARS – This fuel additive is ideal for everyday use and seasonal storage. It can stabilize fuel for up to 2 years and can help rejuvenate old, sub-spec fuel.
- MAX PERFORMANCE – This gasoline stabilizer helps improve MPG, eliminate black soot and exhaust stains, reduce emissions, remove carbon build-up, and eliminate and prevent ethanol fuel problems for maximum performance.
- VERSATILE – This revolutionary fuel stabilizer utilizes enzyme technology to enhance the performance of boats, automobiles, trucks, RVs, tractors, farm equipment, generators, lawnmowers, lawn equipment, oil burning furnaces and all other small engines.
- SAFE FOR ALL ENGINES – Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment concentrated formula #930XX is economical to use in large and small applications. It works with ethanol fuel and is safe for use in all engines (including 2-cycle pre-mix).
- Safely Restore Your Surfaces - The surface-safe formula removes the goo without harming your surface. Formulated with citrus cleaning agents and a pleasant citrus scent
- Trusted #1 Brand For Removing Gooey Messes – Try it on stickers, wax, markers, crayons, glue, tar, window decals, glitter, gum, labels and so much more
- Multiple Uses Around The House – Everything from wine glass label remover, scuff eraser, window sill cleaner, adhesive remover, tar cleaner, crayon drawing eraser, to glue remover
- Great For Teachers and Parents - Use this to remove gum, tape, crayon and sticker residue left behind by kids
- Perfect For Collectors and Thrifters - Safely remove price stickers from gifts, wine glasses, clothing, drinking glasses, used video games and much more
Last update on 2022-01-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2022-01-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API