REQUIRED SPECIAL TOOL J-51594 (OCS Reprogramming Cable)
- One J-51594 OCS reprogramming cable has been supplied to each Additional cables can be obtained from Tech-Mate at 1-800-662-2001.
- The Service Procedure in this bulletin uses CONSULT-III plus to reprogram the Airbag Diagnostic Sensor Unit and the Occupant Classification System (OCS) control unit.
- Replace Occupant Classification System Control Unit
- Reprogram OCS control unit.
- Complete R1609 (NTB16-052b) IF still open in Service Comm.
- Turn the ignition ON, Engine OFF.
- Write down the radio settings.
|Bass||Treble||Balance||Fade||Speed Sen. Vol.|
- If equipped, write down the customer preferred setting for the Automatic Air Conditioning System.
- If needed, refer to System Settings in the HAC section of the Electronic Service Manual (ESM).
- Turn the vehicle OFF.
- Select the correct OCS control unit (OCS ECU) from Parts Information and confirm that the pin count is the same as the OCS control unit being replaced, See chart on Page 14.
- Replace the Occupant Classification System Control Unit (OCS ECU). Refer to the ESM section, SR – SRS Airbag for replacement of the Occupant Classification System Control Unit.
- Reset/reinitialize systems as needed.
- Refer to the ESM section, PG – Power, Supply & Ground Elements for a listing of systems that require reset/initialization after reconnecting the 12V battery.
- Look in the PG section index for ADDITIONAL SERVICE WHEN REMOVING BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL.
- This list often includes items such as radio, power windows, clock, sunroof, etc.
- Proceed to next steps.